Artist Niall Bingham shares his answers
1. What makes you a great boyfriend?
My attention to detail.
2. What makes you a crap boyfriend?
I am intensely independent, which can come across incorrectly as a distancing of myself.
3. What is your biggest relationship regret?
Not considering what it is I want from a relationship, getting too caught up in making my partner happy, thus neglecting my own happiness.
4. What is the hardest part about being in a relationship for you?
The inability to be truly alone.
5. What is your sex spirit animal?
6. Are you comfortable talking about sex around your friends? At which point in the conversation does it become cringey?
In fact, I have absolutely no inhibitions on this front; when people start talking about smells however, I get a bit squeamish.
7. Do you give your friends advice? Which topic(s) do you feel comfortable with? (Love/Sex/Money/Drugs/Music)
Yes. Nothing is uncomfortable for me to speak about, as long as it’s not about me.
8. Do you think there is value in seeing a therapist and why?
I have tried. It doesn’t help me. For people who internalize everything- it is essential. I face my emotions, it takes me a very long time to process my losses, and I blame myself for everything. When I do get over my pain, however, I move on with a clean slate, no baggage.
9. How do you think you’ve grown emotionally over the last 10 years?
I am learning to be gentle with, and understanding of who I am, this is an ongoing process. Artists are inclined to be very self-critical.
10. Which emotions scare you the most and why?
It scares me most when I feel as though I can’t go on without someone in my life.